It's okay to love and to be loved.

9.06.2006

The last twenty-four hours...

Evelyn had her seven month check-up yesterday. She weighs in at 20 pounds 14 oz. She is 28 3/4 inches tall...both precentiles are off the charts. She is definately a solid girl!

I have officially made some steps to getting my business fully functioning! Within the next month or two saymerci.com will look very different! Can't wait to have my first customer!

We were awakened last night at 12:43 am to the sound of cats fighting in the backyard. I thought it sounded like one of ours...both indoor cats mind you. I checked the house and only located one feline. As I stood in my skivies peering into the backyard I saw my beloved Weezer sitting low in the brush. I ran for a flashlight and headed out to save him. He slowly made his way back into the house and the other cat ran for the neighbors yard. Once inside, our other cat, Buttercup, decided to hiss and growel at him...which continues through today. She must smell a foreign cat when he is near and she is not a fan. Poor baby Weezer...I think he has a scratch too. It turns out, as we researched how Weezer found his way outside, that he fell out of the bathroom window. He was sitting in the window well enjoying the night air and the screen popped open and down he went! We have learned to be more careful with those old windows!

We have begun "Operation Pink Blankie" with Evelyn. It involves laying Evelyn in her crib for a nap and letting her cry it out with her pink blankie near. We hope she will attach herself to the blankie for comfort instead of Mom and Dad. As she cried intensley...well, I should say screeched and screamed...I comforted her one last time...turned on the music and left the room. She fussed for a little and then found a toy to play with. Several minutes and one crying spell later Steve checked on her and she was staring at Buttercup on the chair next to the crib. Buttercup had joined Evelyn for what she hoped would be a nice napping time. As Evelyn watched the cat she slowly drifted off to sleep...for over an hour! Amazing! Buttercup you can never leave her bedside!

Then, as Evelyn was taking her evening bath, she discovered how to clap! Yes indeed! Evelyn is so proud of herself! She can clap! She has been amazed at the whole idea of making noise with your own hands for quite some time now. You should have seen her face when she realized she was actually clapping all by herself! She can't stop! Way to go Evelyn!

Steve just stated, '"Operation Pink Blankie" is working like a champ!" He was just able to put Evelyn to sleep without too much of a struggle using the blankie as a comfort in the crib! Wahooo! (And yes, we have tried the blankie, the stuffed animal, the pacifier all before...it is just recently starting to "click" with Evelyn that she can find comfort in things other than her parents!)

1 comment:

R & R said...

Congratualtions Mommy and Daddy Friese! Looks like with some patience, determination, and a plan (i.e. "Operation Pink Blankie"), you are on your way to some well-deserved sleep! Here is to reaching REM and staying there....