than just two people living together. Duh, right? Well, recently I have really come to understand marriage and its purpose. You see, Steve and I are not two people that randomly met, fell in love, and decided to marry. We are two people that were made, from birth, perfectly for the other.
This doesn't mean that we don't fight or argue from time to time. What is does mean is that our weaknesses are made perfect by the other's strengths. Living with another person challenges each of us to improve on our behavior in some ways, which in the end, should teach us how to be more Christ-like.
Steve's personality matches mine perfectly. He teaches me through action what selflessness really looks like acted out. I am made a better person when I strive to be the best wife I can so that Steve enjoys this marriage as much as me. Likewise, Steve's personality is made complete when paired with mine.
Marriage is not random. The goal of marriage is that "the two shall become one flesh". And in that pursuit we learn and understand more about God.
10.11.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
" made, from birth, perfectly for the other. " - I have been totally taken by this concept recently. I love that Billy is and was forever my husband in God's eyes. - Much Love. Alyce.
Post a Comment