It's okay to love and to be loved.

11.28.2006

I am sick with grief

Troy and Ginger are two people that welcomed us to Arizona with open arms. We met them at Desert Springs Community Church in the summer of 2004. Troy flew fighter jets for the Air Force and Ginger was an interior designer. They had small group at their home each week where they fed us, made us laugh, taught us and prayed for us. Troy inroduced us to Dr. Dino.

Troy and Ginger had three wonderful, respectul and beautiful children when we were in Arizona. We had a few discussions with them regarding having more, but we didn't think it would happen until we heard of the news they were expecting twins! Their twin girls were born not too long ago.

Troy was sent to Iraq where we received news his jet crashed and no one saw him eject. There is no confimation of the body...as with the other crashed jets, but the military is telling Ginger Troy is deceased.

She will be telling her two oldest boys, Boston and Greyson, of this news tomorrow. Please pray for Ginger and their family. Pray that God would provide peace and comfort. Pray that there would be a miracle or closure. God is in control. God loves Troy more than anyone and He has a plan. We don't know what it is, but it is for our good.

"If I had the power of God, I would change my circumstances. If I had the knowledge of God, I would not."

2 comments:

R & R said...

I know we'll never agree-- but I am telling you--this war isn't right. We're losing too many womderful people.

I am sorry for your loss and that of your friends. I will keep them in my thoughts and wish them peace...

I am a bit sick now too...:(

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is unreal how God works and has a plan! First of all, I was in the shop tonight riding my stationery bike (haven't done this for weeks) and had the little TV on out there. I was listening to Katie Couric and The Evening News and heard about the plane crashing and no body. Obviously....no connection at all with the event to me. Now...it is very late and I decided to check your Blogspot for some reason and read this! I am in tears....can not even imagine what Ginger is going through. And to tell the children......heart-wrenching! She will definitely be in my prayers and in my thoughts. May God be by her side and the childrens......carrying them through this difficult time!

Rhonda