This Saturday is the holiday party hosted by Steve's employer. We (all three hundred invited employees) are being bused to the location around 4 pm. The invitation requested that women wear cocktail dresses or a dress suit. It appears this will be a big deal. It is also the first combined holiday party hosted by the bank.
Each branch is calling the others to see what the ladies are wearing. The question that the ladies were trying to figure out was, "Is it like you are in the wedding, or going to the wedding?" We didn't know how formal to get. No one has ever been to something like this. I certainly have never had to purchase a cocktail dress and I don't own a suit. We discover that we should dress as if we are going to the wedding. Okay, I can find something appropriate.
I had to head back to the cities yesterday for a wild and quick trip to the mall I thought would best help me in my pursuit. I found something. It shows a little too much of my legs, but that is all that is out there this season. I brought it home and Steve approved so I guess I will be wearing a black dress from Banana Republic.
When we received the invite some months ago, I had decided to work out and tone my body a little for this occasion. I discovered on Monday that it was already the 8th and I no longer had time to tone my body. Okay, flabby it will be. I also realized the dress I had purchased was not going to work. I don't like stress and this was stressful. I was going to be meeting Steve's bosses. I had to make a good impression or we might become jobless! Okay, not really.
For my b-day Steve reserved for me a spot with the bank ladies to get a manicure and pedicure on Saturday. I am really excited. I have been trying to help my feet since the summer. This will be great. And, because I have no talent in the hair department, the salon will also be helping me out with that.
What an event. I hope it all goes well! I hope Steve and I don't scare his colleagues on the dance floor. I heard yesterday that Steve was teaching some ladies a few dance moves at work...we might never find friends at the rate we are going! Just kidding!
1.11.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
you better post pictures...have fun!! You guys will be great!
Post a Comment