Dr. Herbert Schraw of Toledo, Ohio, states:
"Everyone should watch this video. People really believe that the FDA is there to protect the public and the drug companies function in some benevolent altruistic mode of just helping the sick get well. Drug companies are concerned with the bottom line and the FDA is heavily pressured by the manufacturers to approve the product. The simple fact is that is a recipe for corruption and graft.
"The worrisome aspect is that the mainstream media continuously ignores the problems with drugs and their fatal potential. The media reports about the 'miracles' of medicine every day in their broadcasts but rarely if ever reports regularly about their dangers and adverse reactions.
"If the media kept a body count of the deaths attributed to medicine the way they track the casualties of the Iraq war maybe people would finally wake up to the potential risks of one of America's leading causes of death ... medical care."
http://www.mercola.com/2007/mar/8/prescription-for-disaster----you-need-to-watch-this-video.htm
Lately, I have been disappointed with the medical profession. Especially when I visit the doctor with Evelyn. It seems to me that doctors do not feel the need to educate their patients in order to enable them to make the best decision possible. I realize that doctors have been through extensive training to get to where they are, but that doesn't rule out that mothers and fathers know their children well and want to make the best decision regarding their children's health.
During a visit I have never been told the cons of vaccinination and never given an alternative to antibiotics for ear infections. I realize that doctors are trained in MEDICINE, which predisposes the physician to know and treat illness with medicine. But, I am saddened that when it comes to preventative health many physicians are ignorant of the alternatives.
I do appreciate doctors. I look to them for advice, for clarification, for a diagnosis, and I appreciate that they check over my child's body making sure nothing is out-of-sorts. These are things that I cannot do alone for my child. My wish, however, is that doctors begin to think outside of the box. My wish, also, is that the patients would remember to think and consider all of the possibilities. I have no doubt that money runs the medical industry; it runs the entire world! So, if that is the case, then our best interest is not the ruling force in health care.
3.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment