It's okay to love and to be loved.

7.22.2007

Listen to your children...


This past weekend I dragged Evelyn through a farmers market before I listened to what she was telling me. As I hurried her along, hand in hand, she repeated the word, "na!", over and over. I could not figure out what she was telling me so I just told her to stop saying that word because Mommy doesn't know what it means. After walking half the market I realized she was holding out her bare foot for me to notice in between each step we took. Only then did I realize, "na", meant sandal and that she had lost it way back at the entry. So, because I was impatient and thought Evelyn was being troublesome I ignored her pleading with me to stop and get her sandal so she could stop walking barefoot on the hot asphalt.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Johnson Journal said...

She is getting soooo big!! What a cutie!