It's okay to love and to be loved.

5.15.2008

Capital for the Day...what a town!


This here is our Governor. After meeting the Governor today, Evelyn pronounces his title as, "Gonnerer". Yes, Evie and the whole family shook Mr. Tim Pawlenty's hand and even had some sweet people from Comfry take our picture with him. Where's the picture? Well, they haven't emailed it yet. I'll post it as soon as we receive it.

Turns out I did have the camera with us this bright and early morning. I just didn't know it because my purse, along with my wallet, were in the stroller that Evelyn pushed to the far ends of the civic center w/o me realizing it. After waiting in the long line to meet "T-Paw" I turned and looked way over in the corner...the one where everyone was exiting the building...and there sat the stroller and purse on the seat as plain as day. Well, stupid yes, but no problem here in our town. The wallet, cash, credit cards, camera, everything were right where I left them. Fewfta, nothing was stolen.

Besides the fact that I can leave my purse unattended in a large crowd for many minutes is one reason I love our town. The second is that we see people we know all the time. Friends walk over to our house to just drop in. Steve saw some friends on his way home from work that yelled to him, "Free food at German Park! Come on!". After meeting friends for supper at the park we see more friends heading to an outdoor concert...we ask them, "Did you pass your driver's test today?", they reference other friends of ours that they are meeting and we smile because we live in a great small town full of great people.

Did I mention a play-date with a friend turned into walking across the street for some basketball in the backyard of another friend's house? Cool. Tomorrow I am brewing a large pot of coffee and heading to some garage sales with a friend and our kids. What could be better?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Love the small town feel. I'm backing you up all the way!