If you look back into the archives of this blog you will find posts about Evelyn and her love of fighting sleep. That issue for her still holds true. In the morning, at the first sound of something, she awakens, half groggy, insisting that she is awake for the day and that we all must wake up too. We have to plead with her to lay back down and "rest" until at least 7 am. Even at nap time she falls asleep to the sound of her voice repeating, "but I'm not sleepy". Evelyn is just built to not require nor desire much sleep. Her little sister is quite the opposite.
I find it funny that the second born child can, and often is, so very different from the first. From birth Naomi has enjoyed sleep. Putting her down for naps or bedtime was a piece of cake (of course, compared to Evie). Even today, she will wake up during a nap, roll over, and fall right back to sleep. What? That is unheard of in this household! Until Naomi was born, nap time would need to be COMPLETE QUIET TIME or the napper would wake-up never to fall asleep again.
I am so impressed by her sleep habits that I actually survived having two children under my care. We don't have to walk around on pins and needles during sleep times. Putting Naomi to sleep takes about three minutes...Evelyn at this age...well, I don't think we ever did get her to sleep much ( at least not without us sleeping next to her). We fought Evelyn to try and get her to sleep in her own crib at night, etc., etc. Why? Because that is what the books said to do. Well, after having two children and living with Evelyn for two and a half years now, I argue that kids are different and to roll with it. Do what works for you, regardless of what the "know it alls" say in the books.
8.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment