It's okay to love and to be loved.

10.02.2008

Did I tell you I love small towns?

Well I do. Here's why:

~Neighbors walking by end up talking with you for more than an hour.
~Neighbors walk over giving your children gifts...for no reason at all.
~A little old dog names Gizmo is a magnet for kids. Evelyn gets to walk him around the block when he is out.
~Ann down the street brings her cat over for Evelyn to pet.
~We get home grown veggies from neighbors.
~Someone dropped off Evelny's doll in our Welcome basket on our front porch. Not sure where we left it or who dropped it off...was it you?
~Friends come and go in our house like they used to in college...the door's unlocked...come on in!
P.S. Thanks for the goodies you left on our table, Tracy!
~Biking to the best Mexican restaurant ever.
~Knowing your friend, who just had a baby, has more offers for help and visitors at the hospital than anyone I've ever known. It's a small town...everyone knows you and wants to help!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Everytime you talk about your small town, it makes me want to live in a small town. It all sounds so whimsical.

Anonymous said...

That's a long bike ride to Garcia's (the best Mexican restaurant) from your house...