It's okay to love and to be loved.

12.22.2008

How did I love my kids today?

I think this is a good question to ask myself daily.  I would rather focus on that than how "not to screw up my child's life" today.  I am a mother.  I may be different than other mothers, but I can be a dang good mom if I let go and let God run the show and forget about any other influence.

Today I loved my kids...

by cuddling with Evie during our afternoon nap.
by laughing at Evie running down the hallway wearing Naomi's p.j's.
by talking to them in gentle and kind ways.
by snuggling their cheeks and giving them kisses whenever I can.
by praying for them tonight before bed; asking God to shine through me so that they will know His true being.  
by letting go of all insecurities and just being me. 

No comments: