I've been wanting Amish Friendship bread ever since I tasted it a dozen years ago. The only problem is that I have never received the "starter" from anyone. So, about ten days ago we set out on the adventure of making the bread from "day one". The process takes ten days before you can bake and eat it. It was well worth it. I almost ate the whole loaf myself the second it cooled off enough to eat it. I intend to bake some loaves for others and share the starter with others, but I'm having difficulty not eating the loaves I bake...I realize I have NO self control.Here's to Amish bread! Cheers!






3 comments:
Kimberly LOVES this stuff. You should send her ALL of your starters. :)
S
I think I might. Do you think it would survive the trip?
Kimberly has enough Amish bread to last a lifetime!! I've actually thrown some batter out because it was taking over my kitchen! I'm glad you finally got some bread, Anna! Congrats on baby #3...think you'll get a boy this time?
Post a Comment