being a "stay at home mom" is being able to stay in my house all day w/o going anywhere. Sound boring? Well, not if it is -13' in the morning and a windchill that is likely to freeze your nose hairs and eye lashes in an instant. On mornings such as these I like not having any outside responsibilities and keeping the girls indoors the entire day.
This morning, however, we woke and bundled ourselves to brave the bitter cold and attend MOPS. While walking to the garage Naomi instantly began crying from the shock of the cold, Evelyn was crying, "Mommy, I don't like it cold. I want it to be summer time!", and I was attempting to walk down our sidewalk with out slipping and falling on the ice. Once we reached our garage (yes, I do find it ironic that in temperatures like this we now in live a house WITH OUT an attached garage. Ugh.) we loaded up in the van to sit in the same -13' temps and see our breath the entire three minute drive to MOPS. We didn't warm up until about an hour into MOPS!
Tomorrow is shaping up to be a nice day to stay indoors...forever...or at least until April. Why, oh why, do we live here? I like variety in weather, but this is too cold for anyone! And based on Naomi's response to the cold she might be our child that leaves home and heads south at the first chance she can.
1.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
oh brrr!
We're staying inside today too, even though it's probably not as cold here as it is there. But tomorrow we have to brave the cold for MOPS too, and the worst part is, it's not even my week! I just have to work in the child care! Why didn't I sign up for fall or spring? who knows....
Congrats on the big news! We are so excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment