Last night I attended a baby shower for a friend. She happens to be the wife of our family practice doc. When it came to gift opening time she received several cute Gymboree, Hanna Anderson and other flashy brand apparel. Then it was time to open my gift...two (adorable and VERY clean) Carter's outfits from...a garage sale! Yeah. I'm the only one in the world that would give used clothes at a baby shower. I also gave her new diapers (not the opened pack I bought for $.50 at a garage sale) and a new book. The clothes were too cute and then she could have two instead of just one like I would have had to buy if I purchased new.
Would you ever do that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
yes! I would, woot! Go Thrift Shopping!!!
probably not but I think you're AWESOME for doing it! :) I would love it as a gift!
Absolutely! Your equally economically-minded sister found the carseat/stroller set for Jenny's shower present on Craiglist. I wouldn't have known it wasn't brand spankin' new if she hadn't told us.
I am Chloe's friend and found your blog by accident. Now I follow your life a little and I just want to tell you that I feel like we are very similar in many ways, and I love your honesty on being a mom. I have also given used gifts at a shower and feel no shame, I think it is better for everyone (the earth, the baby, the parents who think they need new and brand name things!!)
Keep on keepin' on! Want to plan to only give second-hand gifts for Christmas? I'm serious.
Post a Comment