It's okay to love and to be loved.

7.18.2009

In honor of saving money for the next ninety days, I decided to bring some pedicure items to work with me this past weekend and do a little foot pampering for free. I work a 24-hour weekend shift at a group home, so soaking and scrubbing my dry, caloused feet is not a problem at 10 o'clock at night. I would show you a picture of my feet, but I'll spare you the visual shock and just tell you that my feet would act like velcro on any carpeted surface. They were in need of some TLC.

After I got home from my shift I went through our pile of mail. I saw an envelope that seemed like it was an invite to something. Nope. Just a gift certificate for a PEDICURE from a local salon, but sent to me by my not-so-local Michigan resident friend Amy that I posted about just below this one. Our minds are one. Needless to say I'm going to slap Amy the next time I see her for being so thoughtful and nice and then show her my sweet feet complete with nice nail polish (I avoided the polish for my "free" pedicure because I can't quite reach with accuracy at this point in pregnancy).

Thanks, Dude.

2 comments:

The Johnson Journal said...

I would have to say your friend Amy sounds like the bestest friend anyone could have...you are very lucky to have her:)

The Baby Makes 4 said...

Very lucky, indeed!