It's okay to love and to be loved.

8.25.2009

Weezer

We have a boy cat named Weezer. He seems to like the outdoors. However, he is not supposed to be an "outdoor cat". Since this summer began Weezer has brought home to us during his brief excursions into the outside world three Robins, one Turtle Dove and most recently, a bat. Oh, did I say, Bat? YES I DID! And that will be the last time Weezer gets out if i have anything to say about it. Bats are where I draw the line. No rabbies infected flying rodent particles are allowed in my house via the cat. I can no longer touch him or have him cuddle with me at night the way we used to. The good old days are gone.

Weezer had been out over night...and during a rainstorm...which, I had hoped would teach him a lesson or two. Steve left out the front door this morning only to find Weezer laying on our front porch with a bat by the door. Evelyn spilled the beans to me by 10:30 am that Weezer had caught a bat with no wings and the wings "were probably in heaven already". I had to call Steve to confirm the story. Evelyn doesn't lie, except there were wings on the bat according to Steve.

Yikes. How does a cat catch a bat? He's a killing machine that darn cat.

No comments: