Let's just say I don't quite have the same body as I did when we got married. I realized that yet again yesterday in the dressing room of The Loft. Steve and Isaiah took me on a shopping spree for my Christmas gift to get me some clothes that fit and aren't "vintage" as a friend of mine lovingly says.
Steve and Isaiah joined me in the dressing room so that we could blow through the pile of clothes I wanted to try on. As I was pulling up a size 10 (gulp!) jean I shimmied my not so slim thighs into them and then attempted to button them. It was at that moment that I wish Steve had not been looking. What he saw in the mirror was a stomach that needed some TLC. It acted like Isaiah was still inside of me and did not want to fit into a nice pair of jeans. My tummy likes spandex blend clothing only.
Well I bought the jeans because once they were on they worked well and a shirt covering the excess was a must. However, regardless of how nice they looked once they were on, Steve knows the truth under the covering. I laugh because I love that my body gave me three wonderful children. In moments like these Steve and I remind ourselves that stretch marks and flabbiness are a small price to pay for the life of a child. I wouldn't trade my new body for the world!






2 comments:
There are plenty of us in worse situations that have yet to be as fortunate as you. Count yourself lucky my friend. There are plenty of people whom envy your position.
:)
Happy New Year.
-S
I agree. Like I said, my new body makes me smile because it reminds me of my children. It is just funny when the body you remember (say in high school) is not the body you now see in the mirror. I think to myself, "When did that happen?".
Happy New Year to you, sweet S!
Post a Comment