It's okay to love and to be loved.

2.01.2010


At the salon getting our toes painted!
My little gal letting her toesies dry.

For a few moments I had a hard time letting the sun set on Evie's birthday. Each passing day moves me farther away from the moment I first met her...in the darkened room of Providence Hospital in Everett, WA. I don't ever want to lose the memories I have of those precious first few moments with her.

I treasure spending ever single day with her. Over the past four years I have been away from her for less than a week of time. Soon she will be off at school, spending much of her day with out me. I won't be involved in ever detail of her life anymore. It is the way I want it and the way it is supposed to be, but sad to let go of having her so close.

Happy 4th Birthday, my girl. Thank you for loving me as your mother and making me the luckiest woman in the world. You have changed my life and I will never be the same. You bless me beyond words.

1 comment:

Jweaver said...

This made me tear up! She is a doll- and what a fun thing to do for her special day- the salon with mommy! Very special :)