Monday:Dear Lord,
It seems that if we want Mom to live with us in Waseca we need to have property. It is Steve's dream as well as Mom's. I, however, feel very uneasy about the process of finding the right land, the right layout of a house with mother-in-law attachment. I desire to move into a home with my family once we move to Waseca. I also don't want to be out in the boonies by my self. I want to know others are close by. I don't know how this will all work out. I know you will show us what you have planned for us. It will work out, but right now I have no clue how. I pray for the perfect place to open up for us at the right time. A place that would have all of our needs met and most of our wants. I pray that if it is your desire for us to be on property that we would be able to use it to bless others.
Amen."
Steve was told by an employee of his that there was a five acre piece of land not far from their farmstead. A young single man owns the property and lost the house to fire last November. Steve located his name and number and gave him a call on Tuesday. On Tuesday I happened to bring the kids to Waseca to visit him for lunch. We drove to the property. It has a beautiful old barn, painted red. A Tin roof shed that could be for my mom. A garage that was detached from the house that is painted red with white trim. Those would be my colors if I built a house.
Steve has always wanted a tree lined driveway. This property has just that as well as nice mature Oak trees. It is only seven minutes from Steve's work, which is within the range of how far I feel comfortable being out in the country. It is to the north of town, which is where I feel we should be. The only problem is that the owner began building his house on the property on Monday.
He doesn't feel that he can stop the building process and sell us his land. He would have sold us the land one month ago if we had called then. Now he is stuck building. One of the cool things about this whole story is that he is building a perfect house...for us. It has all of our needs and many of our wants. Lastly, it will have a wrap around porch. Amazing.
The man says that he doesn't plan to live on that property forever. He did say that he would be interested in selling us the house once it is complete. He is going to think about it and come up with a price that he would be willing to sell it all for. God could very well be building our house for us right now on the property that he has picked out for us. We would only have to rent for a few months (if our house sells before Oct.) with the knowledge that we have a home by late Oct.
I can't wait to see how this story unfolds! You can guarantee that if this man sells us his place for the price we can afford I will hug him, squeeze his cheeks and tell him that whether he knows it or not he was used by God and we would love to have him back to visit anytime.






1 comment:
what an amazing story! i can't wait to see how it all turns out! i didn't know your mom was gonna live with you. its not so bad having mom close by!
Post a Comment