After hosting some friends for dinner I mentioned something about going to Mankato with my girl-friend; kid-less. She took my suggestion and ran with it! Despite the rolling eyes and grumbles from our husbands we drove off into the night for some "retail therapy"!
What did we do? We laughed, finished sentences w/o being interrupted, ate ice-cream and spilled it on our shirts, car danced to (pardon my French), "Sexy B**** that remind me of college life, talked about how much we love our husbands and purchased crafts for our girls to do tomorrow morning during our usual coffee date.
It was a necessary outing. It was perfect because we just stepped outside of our usual roles and rejuvenated for another day of the same-old-thing. The same-old-thing that we love...being with our children.






2 comments:
Self-care will only serve to make you a better mama...
-SB
Thanks! It proved to be just what I needed. I've been a much calmer/patient mama since.
Post a Comment