

Well, we visited the 5-acre property that I mentioned to you back in April or May. The owner told Steve he could stop by the property anytime to see it. This past weekend we were in town and decided to see the progress of the house. We knew a bit about the layout before the building process began and even then it sounded like something we would have built if we had the chance. Turns out that it is absolutely the house we dream of building some day. It is not too big, main floor bedroom, porch and openness.
When Steve dreams about the property he sees friends and family leaning on the porch beams drinking lemonade and ice tea...listening to the noises of laughter and community. I feel the wind blowing my 1950's dress and apron as I stand on the porch, hands on hips, calling the children in for a meal or watching someone pull in the driveway for a visit.
It was neat to walk through the house we would someday want to duplicate; to look out the front windows and see the old majestic barn just across the yard. We don't know what is in store for us in Waseca. We are not sure what kind of housing will open up for us or even when our house here will sell.
Just this past weekend we visited a different house in town and God closed that door for sure. I am in awe at how God makes things so clear to us. I am thankful we are sensitive to His will and pray that we will remain that way. He will guide us and it will all fall into place soon.
Until then, I like to dream. I like to envision all of the gatherings we could have out on that property. Envision the ways we can use the land for God purposes and not our own. We know we can serve God wherever we live, and we do, but land allows us to dream of new ways to share what we have with others. Maybe, just maybe, this is our future home. Even if it is not I enjoy the prospect and the adventure in finding out!






1 comment:
It looks beautiful.
Post a Comment