Our little feetsies. We had pictures taken on Tuesday from a gal in a small town near us. I love them. I can't wait to see them all. She is a very talented young lady and I am so blessed to have found her! Thanks, Tracy!Well, because I like to give too much information about myself, I'm going to tell you something. I went off BC pills last week because they were making me depressed. Now I have never been one to suffer from a depressed mood. I am just naturally crabby, but not depressed. Steve recently said to me, "I want my wife back." I told him that I couldn't handle my poor mood and lack of joy anymore. He and I both thought of my current state being somehow related to the new pill I began taking. Indeed it was because I am back in action.
The other day Steve made a silly face at the table and I belly giggled. The kind that I used to do before the pill (so like about three months ago). We both stopped and looked at each other. I said, "Steve, I just giggled! Did you hear that?!" He smiled in agreement. It was great. I didn't feel like decorating for the season or doing anything but surviving each day. Now I just painted my front entry-way and put out orange Halloween lights in the bushes. Life is grand. I knew in my heart I shouldn't be taking the pill and now I know why God wanted me to avoid them. Interesting.
I am thankful each day for the kids I have and the husband I have to share life with. That is all I need or want in life. I like to have pictures of us to capture these short phases in life before they are gone. Someday I will be old and holding one of these pictures in my hand. I will think back and be amazed at how much has changed.
I am attempting to raise three human beings to become leaders and witnesses to Christ for the next generation. I have a big job from day to day and the picture above particularly reminds me that each of those little toesies carries a person that God has big plans for.
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
That scripture verse will soon hang somewhere in my girls' room to remind us all of what God intends for our life.






3 comments:
I saw some of the photos on Facebook, they are amazing! You have such a Beautiful family and she captured it perfectly. Glad you are feeling yourself again. I'm with you on avoiding bc pills.
Love the pics - we are getting pics done on Tuesday and I am very excited. Oh and spy away as long as you don't mind me doing the same now that I know you have a blog. I was looking at the Trindad photos the other day - memories!!
Hello to you with the pretty toes!
I pray for peace and wisdom for you both. And lots of love from us! Billy and I have often felt uncomfortable with the idea of having to take any kind of meds EVERYday. especially one that is so intertwined with moods, hormones and crazy girl stuff...
honestly - my forgetfulness was a big part of the problem, increasing any ill effects! happily we decided to be done with that a few years ago. (it's not for everyone, but it's working for us.)
Love Again,
Alyce
Post a Comment