It's okay to love and to be loved.

2.10.2011

My little middle child!

I went to write in my kids journals and realized that I am messing up Naomi, big time. As I described to her teacher today at ECFE that my hopes for the class were that she learned how to color and such since she is my second born and I don't spend nearly enough time with her working on things like that. The teacher replied, "Oh, that middle child syndrome is developing because its unavoidable! It just happens."
Naomi will be fine, but as I sat down to write in the journals I realized I didn't really have anything significant to mention in Naomi's journal. Isaiah licked the cat on the head, is now able to understand how not to have a tantrum when I encourage him not to do so, and loves to play the guitar and bang the piano keys with spatulas and whisks. Evelyn impressed her pre-k teacher because she wouldn't fall for the "Simon Says" tricks and never made a mistake during the game. Apparently that is pretty good for her age. Naomi does many precious things throughout the day, I even take pictures of most of them, but since she isn't the first to being doing those things they must not seem that interesting to note.
However, all the little things she does and says that are unique to Naomi are notable and should be written down. She has an amazing little giggle that is half sinister, half goofy. Everyone loves it. She is an entertainer. She hates being told what to do. She always says at nap time, "Well, I'm not going to close my eyes!", as if that burns me somehow. She is the first to play Super Heroes in our house and she is always changing her clothes into something funny and creative. The other day she wrapped up something in a towel, held it tenderly in her arms, and asked each one of us if we wanted to pet the snake. It looked like she was holding a large snake! So cool.
She loves it when her big sister gives her a kiss before heading into school in the morning. She balled once when Evie forgot. It just has to happen or life isn't complete. Same with a hug from Isaiah before bed. She is the first to notice when someone is sad and needs to know why. She is outgoing and loves to be the life of the party without knowing what that even is.

I love that little Naomi. She is a peach. Middle or not I am taking note of everything she does and how many wonderful ways God has gifted her, I just might not write it down as often as I would like. Hopefully, when we release her into the world as an adult she will take with her all the keepsakes I am creating for her and that they will be as full and plentiful as her siblings. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

No comments: