It's okay to love and to be loved.

9.07.2011

School - Day 1

Evie and I had a very normal day. Except during nap time when the others were asleep and we were on the couch working on word flashcards and such. We covered: printing practice, matching job with the worker puzzle, tell the time puzzle in French and English, and flashcards for phonics. She ended her work time with a few computer games.

A walk to the park later initiated questions about leaves, trees and how the leaves change color in the fall. Thanks to my Botany class in college I can give her a fairly educated response. Isaiah walked the whole way to the park, per his choosing, and found a bird feather. From behind me I heard him saying, "Flying, Flying!" and he was jumping and twirling as if her were flying using his feather. So creative.

New neighbors have moved in close to us and their kids are great. Once they got home from school Evie and Naomi played outside until supper and even had a little visit from Karlee while the moms talked. Playing, playing, playing, that is what summer-time (I know it's almost Autumn) is all about!

No comments: