It's okay to love and to be loved.

2.22.2006

What I've been up to...

I have had to learn how to juggle normal life activities while holding a baby. I keep trying to get something done before Steve gets home, but it hasn't really happened yet. Since Grandma, Aunt Chloe and Uncle Matt left our company, I have had to adjust to being alone with Evelyn during the day. It is amazing how much more you can accomplish when Grandma is holding baby instead of me all day long!
Steve ordered me a Maya Wrap today that will enable me to do things during the day and still have Evelyn with me. She seems to not be able to sleep without body contact or to be laid down for very long. I have tried to get good at doing things one handed, but have not mastered it yet! I find myself watching too much Judge Alex, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Judy and The People's Court during the day. I am also getting good at pricing items on The Price is Right! I try to read, but holding the book and turning the pages one handed is more difficult than you think.
I love being home with Evelyn. It really is fun to watch her make new faces and hear new sounds out of her. Although I don't accomplish much in terms of house chores, personal hygiene, running errands, writing thank you cards, calling friends or anything else, I am making sure Evelyn is happy, healthy and fed and that is far more important. I can get the other things done, but just on a little slower than normal time schedule. So, with all of that in perspective, my quiet, relatively inactive lifestyle these days is pretty nice. It is a joy raising a child. Each poop, each gassy smile, each furrowed eye brow is fun to experience with Evelyn. She will soon be 18 and not under our direct care anymore. Oh, I am crying for that day already!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sounds like you are adjusting quite well to the life of a mother! I read your blog and wonder if I will ever slow down in my life, haha... It seems like every weekend here is fast-paced - something to do, someplace to gogo dance (I have been doing alot of that lately. It is fun, except for the fact that it usually requires you to be awake until 4am), someone to see. There is never any time for anything! For that I envy you, Miss Anna! =) When are we going to get a chance to see Evelyn??

PS: You know Sarah White is getting married in May/June, right??

~Bethany