It's okay to love and to be loved.

11.29.2007

Trapped

After a particularly difficult day of work today, I came home to Anna who was leaving for her weekly work. I was on the phone, still dealing with the remnants of the aforementioned day. Consequently, Evelyn was inside by herself for a brief moment of time while I finished my phone call. Having given my keys to Anna, I attempted to open the front door only to discover that in that brief moment, Evelyn had managed to lock the front door that Mom had just walked out of. Panicing ever so slightly, I hustled to the back door only to discover that it too was locked. I went back to the front door where Evie was watching me and talking to me through the glass. I am not sure who was more like the prisoner in this particular situation. She was locked inside, but it was I who was feeling trapped. Anyway, I attempted to coach her on undoing what she had done. Unsuccessfully, I might add. She got the turning the handle thing down, but could not quite muster the strength to undo the deadbolt. Eventually, I decided that I was going to have to break in. This isn't the first time I have had to do so, but it is the first time where I actually felt stressed in doing so. Needless to say, the break in went fine and I was happy to be united with my daughter. She must have been pleased to see me too because I received my usual hello kiss without much struggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how did you break in?
steph g

The Baby Makes 4 said...

classified.