When I see commercials on T.V. (usually for cars) that utilize a beautiful outdoor setting to sell their product, I can't help but drift off into a day dream of taking a road trip with my family.I love the thought of organizing and packing fun items for the girls to entertain themselves with. I look forward to the opportunity to stop at every scenic by-way, state park, or historical landmark to stretch our legs and show our girls this beautiful country and this beautiful life.
I am thankful that when I day dream about the future I imagine the safe and consistent America that I have known all my life. I am thankful that our girls do not know a life of sorrow, war, hunger, cold...and that we can assume they will live a life similar to ours.
I am thankful for the country we live in and for all it has to offer us and our children. I am aware it could change at any moment and I try not to take any of it for granted.
Here's to future road trips of wide open highways, hot summer days, free ice water in Wall, SD, beautiful snow capped mountains and crystal clear creeks winding through forests of Red Wood trees.
I can't wait to show all of that and more to Evelyn and Naomi!






1 comment:
Anna--
Just found your blog through Chloe---so glad! Seriously...a much belated congrats to you!!! You have 2 beautiful daughters!!!
Post a Comment