
Can you see how messy our kitchen is right now? I took this picture for you all to enjoy. This afternoon a friend stopped over with her little three month old daughter while out on a walk. While I love having people randomly stop over, it has been a little crazy at our house and I don't know this friend well enough to know if I scared her by the mess or made her feel right at home.
As I welcomed her onto our toy and crumb strewn porch to sit, she had to gently move items aside so she could sit and have a place to set her carseat. Nice, huh?
Well, as we were sitting and chatting Evelyn asked me if she could pick her toe fuzz in front of our friends and a little later came onto the porch and stated, "Mom, me peeing in front of our friends!". At least she kept her buggies in her nose for the duration of the visit.
I apologized profusely and explained (probably much to her horror) that Evelyn had been sick for four out of the five days last week with a terrible stomach flu. With the sickness excuse and the wild mess I am sure she might think twice next time about stopping over randomly! However, I do know that she enjoys Evelyn's comments and states they have a bond and that Evie is one of her favorite little girls, so we might be okay.






1 comment:
Ha! That's a great story. Our kitchen looks like that sometimes, and we dont have any kids, so I think you guys are doing awesome!
Post a Comment