It finally happened. My kid said a VERY embarassing thing today at a store. This sweet little sales clerk had make-up on her nose that was obviously trying to cover up a rash or something similar. Out of the blue I hear Evelyn saying in a loud, I know the clerk heard her voice, "Lady what's on your nose?" The lady continued to help customer ahead of us so Evelyn asked again. Where was I, you ask? Running for the front door. No, kidding. I was attempting to nonchalantly redirect her interest to some other topic, like the lady's name. Evelyn didn't find that as interesting so I leaned up real close to her ear and said, "If you ask that question one more time I'm going to spank you." At that point it needed to be "END OF STORY". I could only explain it to her later. Yikes, not good. I am so sorry sweet clerk. You are beautiful.
10.10.2008
"Lady, what's on your nose?"
It finally happened. My kid said a VERY embarassing thing today at a store. This sweet little sales clerk had make-up on her nose that was obviously trying to cover up a rash or something similar. Out of the blue I hear Evelyn saying in a loud, I know the clerk heard her voice, "Lady what's on your nose?" The lady continued to help customer ahead of us so Evelyn asked again. Where was I, you ask? Running for the front door. No, kidding. I was attempting to nonchalantly redirect her interest to some other topic, like the lady's name. Evelyn didn't find that as interesting so I leaned up real close to her ear and said, "If you ask that question one more time I'm going to spank you." At that point it needed to be "END OF STORY". I could only explain it to her later. Yikes, not good. I am so sorry sweet clerk. You are beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
She is innocent and honest. Be thankful she is not yet burdened by the world and does not know that such comments are not desirable. She'll be editing her thoughts soon enough and for the rest of her life.
I agree. The unfiltered view of life while a child is something to be cherished.
Post a Comment