It's okay to love and to be loved.

2.23.2009

Oh, Baby Arden Jane


Proud new cousin Evelyn with Arden. Little Arden arrived into the Hilden Family last Thursday night. She was only one day overdue, but by her size, we can safely say she was actually two or more weeks over due. She weighed in at 11 lbs. 3 oz. Yes, Chloe delivered totally naturally with the help of a tight grip around Matt's neck (I hear). Everything went well and our girls have a new little girl cousin. Evelyn asked, "Why didn't they name her Naomi?"



Naomi having a tantrum on the floor. Notice her hand placement. She realized she needs to cushion her head or else she hurts herself on the floor. I think it is funny watching her react to life with a tantrum...no one taught her this...it is just innate. She threw a similar tantrum when I had to remove her from being close to Arden. Naomi was mad she couldn't spend the night poking a newborn in the face. I guess that means she likes her!
Since I am in to doing P.S.'s I thought I would throw another one in...Weezer took a spin in our dryer last night. He likes to sleep in there because it is warm...Steve didn't realize he was in the dryer until Steve heard what "sounded like a shoe" and decided to check it out. My fears have come true. Lesson learned w/o serious consequences and it won't happen again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new little one's arrival. Another beautiful addition to the family.

Naomi's behavior only helps reaffirm Watson's hypothesis that babies are born with three innate emotions: fear, rage, and love. Your homegirl's got a little rage -- she sounds perfect to me.

S