
Weezer has used up two lives in by book. A few weeks ago he took a spin in our dryer. Then on Sunday he slipped out of the house w/o anyone noticing until the next morning.
I called Steve at work to see if he remembered seeing Weezer the night before. There was no sign of him in the house yesterday morning. After I attempted to look for him outside and follow some definite kitty tracks I came up with nothing. I asked neighbors, put out flyers with his picture on it, posted a sign in our yard and called the Humane Society.
Steve left work at noon to come home and look for our "lost feline". He scowered the neighborhood with food can in hand and couldn't find the little bugger. We decided to go run a few errands with our heads hung low. I looked out over our backyard one last time before we headed out and called his name. After some silence and a few more shouts from me I heard a beloved little cry coming from the alley somewhere. Steve and I went running like crazy men calling and listening for the cry. We found our little black and whitey under a truck parked down the alley way. As we approached he kept crying in fear, but did not come out to us. I thought he was frozen to the snow. After all, it had been below zero the night before and this cat is not dressed for the outdoors. Side note, I was sure if we found him he would be frozen. But, he was not frozen but did try to escape back up underneath the truck where I think he had spent the night. Steve was able to catch him and pull him out before he could do so.
Weezer had survived 23-hours in the cold w/o food or shelter. I am very impressed. I am also very happy that we have our friendly little guy back. He has been on our laps ever since returning home. Besides smelling like an engine, he has no lasting effects from his venture into the cold Minnesota winter. Good thing since we would be very lonely with out him.






No comments:
Post a Comment