This is for anyone who doesn't want to read an uplifting post. No, it won't really be that bad. I just am having the longest day of my life. I am pretty sure Evelyn is to. Steve doesn't have the day off, which would be fine if others didn't as well. We are supposed to have a three day weekend because of Independence Day, right? Well, we don't and consequently Steve is working until 6:45 pm and the girls and I have already been out for two different sweet treats.
This morning we went to the bakery while running errands to help us get through the day...or to help mommy. Then, later, "we" needed Dairy Queen and once it is on my mind there is no escaping it. I am a true American...I need instant gratification. The sugar helped for a little while.
But the truth of the day is that Evelyn chose not to nap, Naomi is down for her second (she is a little bit crabby), I am not running the air conditioning when I should be and Evleyn has been spanked, put on time out, threatened and tapped on the cheek when being terribly rude twice and I found out that you can't sugar coat any of that. It is what today is and I need to figure out how to buck up and help us all survive. Only an hour and a half until Dad comes home and offers some needed change and relief support. Thank goodness for daddies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
You can do it!! Be patient with yourself and each other.
SB
Thanks! We did make it and I did apologize to Evie for being a little less than patient at times. She's a sweet girl and she forgave me.
Post a Comment