
Today while we drove home from Iowa we stopped to admire the double rainbow we could see from one side to the other. We stopped to give Evie a chance to view it all from outside the car. It was quite amazing. Steve and I commented that we don't ever remember seeing a rainbow from beginning to end and then to have it be a double rainbow. We could see each color distinctly.
I was most amazed at how random a rainbow looks in the sky. No one can deny that it looks out of place. That feeling led me to the thought that a rainbow is totally unique to nature. And yet the Bible specifically describes the rainbow and the reason it is in the sky. It was placed in the sky on purpose by God. He designed the rainbow to remind us that he will not destroy the earth by rain again. It is his promise to us...mere mortals. That makes sense seeing as though the rainbow is not explainable. Why the arc? Why the beauty? Why the revealing only during light rain storms with patches of sun?
So when I looked at that rainbow in the farmland sky tonight I was amazed at the fact that I was looking at something God did and nothing short of that. Yes, God made the grass below it and the clouds around it, but they are so common I miss the amazement of that most of the time. But, a rainbow in the sky is unmistakably something designed and something explained.
God showed himself to us tonight in the form of a rainbow. That blows my mind a little.






No comments:
Post a Comment