
MckMama's blog does this "Not Me" Monday thing and I find it to be right up my alley. My life is full of truths about parenting that are smoothed over with "haha's" and "just kidding". The point of "Not Me" Monday is to let people laugh at others people's real life...with no sugar coating. Life is full of adventure and no matter how put together you think someone is...they aren't.
Here is my first entry in honor of "Not Me!" Monday:
I did not go to the grocery store for "chicken legs" and come back with thighs instead of the assumed drumsticks. (What are drumsticks? They aren't a part of the body, but thighs are...hello, Steve, I got you a leg part. Wasn't that correct?)
I did not attempt to thaw the chicken for our dinner party all day and have Steve end up telling me at the grill that most of the chicken was still frozen (and not drumsticks).
I did not have to remind my husband that life is more difficult for some people and specifics need to always be addressed for these people (i.e. me).
I did not have my youngest daughter sitting in a grocery cart with her soggy diaper hanging out of her shorts and almost out of the cart.
I did not host a dinner party with two families and not prepare anything except baked beans that I opened from a can.
I did not hear my oldest child shout, "I pooped!" from the bathroom at the top of her lungs while we were all eating.
I did not poop today in the bathroom with two girls sitting by my feet playing with toys...not my idea, mind you. It is the season of life. Glorious!
What did you absolutely not do?






No comments:
Post a Comment