It's okay to love and to be loved.

8.18.2009

My first day on "zone" defense

Steve had to work today and so I was home for the first time with all three. It has turned out to be a very nice day. Not too many meltdowns. I even took all three to the doctor for Isaiah's first visit. He is back up to his birth weight. I am happy about that because I was worried he wasn't eating very much. He is a silly eater, but he likes long stretches in between meals so I really should not complain.

A friend brought over cinnamon rolls and hung out for a while. Then another friend came over to see Isaiah for the first time. The morning went by fast and then after naps, which we all did, we headed to the doctors and McD's for a late, late, late lunch. I am home sitting and doing nothing since my body says my outing was enough activity for a while. Naomi just spilled the flower vase at the table while Evie was coloring...I was nursing...and water was pouring onto the carpet below. Evie, being my ultimate helper, picked up the vase and flowers and grabbed a towel to begin the clean-up process. With teamwork we will survive and conquer!

Tomorrow night we have our neighbor Denise over for supper. She gave Isaiah a handmade quilt. I love that kind of stuff! She said she had four great-grandkids due this year and so she made thirteen quilts. Hah! We look forward to having her over tomorrow night. We do enjoy our neighbors.

1 comment:

The Johnson Journal said...

wow, i am impressed. i can't imagine going out and about with 2 kids and you did it with 3!!! way to go!