It's okay to love and to be loved.

8.04.2009

Tidbits of the day...

For the second day now I have been "single parenting" and it went very well. I had an abnormal amount of patience! Thank you, Jesus!

I took the girls over to our neighbors house tonight to celebrate National Night Out. The neighbors hosted a potluck for everyone around the block in order to help everyone meet one another. This effort hopefully reduces crime (even though there is relatively none around here) because neighbors know eachother and watch out for one another. We had a great time and had some good laughs.

Naomi went off to play with the big kids during the potluck. I normally don't watch my kids playing in the yard because I feel like they will survive regardless. Well, I notice our neighbor carrying Naomi into the garage and Naomi is crying with blood spilling out of her mouth. I casually asked, "Oh, did she lose a tooth maybe?" We don't really know what happened because the other kids couldn't tell us. I took Naomi and wiped her mouth and attempted to cuddle her. She promptly wanted to get off my lap and continue playing. I thought I should be motherly and go and watch her playing...for safety sake you know. Well, she saw me following her to the backyard of our neighbors house and she waved at me to turn around and leave her alone. She wanted nothing to do with me! It was quite hilarious. She played for another hour with dried blood on her face, arm and shirt. I'll have to check her mouth tomorrow when she is more willing to let me in there...

Evelyn got to feel the baby kicking and rolling several times today. She is such a little lover. She was so patient waiting for the next movement. She told me many times today, "I love feeling the baby in your tummy!". I've decided that when Evie and Naomi come to the hospital to see the baby for the first time that they should bring Birthday cupcakes and a balloon to celebrate the occasion. I think they would really like that.

I need to wash Naomi's bloody shirt and so I must peel myself off this couch and go get something done around here. I have a friend coming over for coffee in the morning...hopefully we will be in the hospital with a baby...hah! yeah right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be the one having coffee with you tomorrow...hate that we're so far apart, but think of you often.

Here is to another quick and healthy delivery.

SB

The Baby Makes 4 said...

I would have coffee with you any second! I miss our Starbucks trips...we'll have to get out to the Northwest soon and have a coffee date!

Alyce Dreewes said...

My favorite parts about birthday cakes for babies -
1 uh... yum.
2 introduces the concept that babies cannot do MANY things at first... (like eat cake.)
3 reinforces the fun of having a new sibling (with sugar! yay.)
4 gives the new big kids something to do, besides quiz me about all the distracting body fluids...
5 yum.