It's okay to love and to be loved.

1.12.2010

Naomi plucked off four of our computer keys in less than ten seconds this afternoon. We are getting closer to needing a new computer with each passing day. Note to self: Don't talk on the phone while Naomi "types" on the computer. Okay.

While I was reading through a homeschooling publication I came across some info I thought was worth sharing.

"America is poised to adopt the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. President Obama supports this treaty...Senator Boxer (D-CA) has "promised" that this treaty will be ratified during this term of Congress.

If this treaty is ratified:
-The laws of all 50 states on children and parents would be superseded this international law by virtue of a specific provision of the U.S. Constitution which expressly declares treaties to be supreme over state law. Virtually all law on children and parents is state law.
-Good parents would no longer be entitled to the legal presumptions that they act in the best interests of their children. Instead, the government would have the authority to overrule all parents on any decision concerning the child if the government believed it could make a better decision.
- Parents could no longer spank their children.
- Children would have the legal right to choose their own religion. Parents would be permitted only to give advice.
- America would be under a binding obligation to massively increase its federal spending on children's programs."

[The Paper Mache, Dec/Jan 2010, www.mache.org]

What kinds of thoughts does this info bring to your mind? Share them! I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

yikes! This is scary. I guess it's time to contact Klobuchar and Franken!

The Baby Makes 4 said...

I hope they actually listen. Do it!

Jessica said...

I contacted both their offices yesterday and received emails back thanking me for my interest in the issue, but it seemed pretty impersonal, so I highly doubt they actually read what I wrote. Sigh.