It's okay to love and to be loved.

11.22.2010

Check Please!

Isaiah is wearing an outfit that belongs to a doll. It says something about a captain on the front. He received this outfit from our friend who loaned it to us when he pooped (for the second time during our potluck) and managed to pull half his diaper off from under his clothes...therefore, rubbing poop on his original outfit. I had only brought one spare diaper and had no more wipes and no secondary outfit for him. Thus, the outfit from the doll.
He is crazy.
When he is near a dog he simply MUST sit on their backs like this while munching on Cheerios.
After our potluck tonight we collected the poopy diaper, the poopy clothes and tried to leave as soon as we could. The sidewalks were icy. Two little ones needed to be helped to the car and potluck food also needed to be brought to the car. I often feel like there are too many things to manage during each outing! Ahhhh! But, tonight was special. The chaos made me laugh a full belly laugh. You see, when Steve went to open the side door and put Isaiah in he ripped the handle off the door because it had frozen shut. All of the kids had to pile in the van using the front doors.

I laughed because this had already happened to me this morning when I went out to the grocery store. I had to get the kids in the car via the front and buckle them up only to repeat the process two more times before I got back home. It takes enough brain power just to make it through each event with three kids under the age of 3 1/2 that I don't want to think about one more thing...like if I have a second set of clothes for Isaiah, if everyone has socks that match, if I have snacks on hand or gloves for every hand. If something is missing then tough cookies. Most of the time it doesn't cause as much chaos as it did tonight, thankfully. But when it does I just accept that I am a disorganized mess and point my finger around the room and ask, "Could you really do any better?" Just kidding. I don't really say that, but I think it. You bet I think it.

No comments: