A couple in Apple Valley, MN are making news due to a controversial website poll that they allege will decide the fate of their unborn child. I'm not going to include a link to their website, because I don't want to further dignify what they are doing. The gist is an online poll will dictate wether they choose to abort their 18 week old unborn child or take the pregnancy to full term and give birth to a child that they would then keep. My purpose of this post is not to go on a pro-life rant, but rather to ask what emotions this "poll" stirs in you? Furthermore, what do you feel is the source of those emotions? Please, take a moment to think and evaluate before continuing.
My hope is that you would feel similar to how I feel...disgust. Disgust that someone would treat a life with such disregard and contempt. Furthermore, I believe the source of that emotion is an inherent belief and feeling that human life is human life, regardless of it's form. The bible states that we (humans) are created in the image of God (Imagio Deo), yet we have created and live in a society in which innocent life is taken in the name of convenience.
I encourage you to follow the link above to read some thoughts on what it means to be created in the image of God and how it translates to the age old question of "who am I?".
Love to all,
Steve
11.23.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment