It's okay to love and to be loved.

1.03.2011

Resolution Revolution.

The lyrics of a song struck me this morning as I worked out. It has been on heavy rotation in my playlist, and has affected me before...as in...to the point of tears...while I'm running...on a public track...awkward. Today, it struck me differently as I was thinking about New Year's resolutions. One line in particular, which is highlighted below, caused me to meditate more deeply on it's meaning. The lyrics in condensed form are as follows:

'

He is jealous for me
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.

So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that He loves us.

'

What that line says to me is that if I'm focused on the love Christ has for me, I don't have time to revisit the wrong that I've done or that's been done to me in this life. Instead, I am prompted to action on proclaiming that love and doing my best to show it to others.

'

My hope for the coming year is that you may in some way, shape, or form, experience an unconditional and all powerful love. Selfishly, I hope that in some way, I can be a mere shadow of that love in your life.

'

That's my resolution.

'

: Steve

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love this song. I cry every time we sing it in church.