Today I received my April issue. The editor wrote an introductory column that speaks directly to what my soul is on a mission to do right now...advocate for healing and implore God to set people free. Gary Chapman, the editor, writes:
"The enemy must be thrilled when he sees Christians get discouraged and forget their mission in life....I often observe the same willingness to give up on marriage and family relationships. Instead of seeking intensive care for a wounded marriage, many flee to an attorney and give up...It's my prayer that this month's HomeLife articles will challenge you to adopt the resilient attitude that I saw in those military men and women who were determined to deal with their wounds and return to their mission. As believers, we're fighting against the powers of darkness to build the family of faith. We must focus on our God-given mission, not our wounds, fully committing to bringing glory to God "because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4)."
I am praying right now a prayer that most people around here aren't even thinking to pray. A friend has fled to attorneys to help her with her marriage instead of turning to intensive therapy for healing. The world says she is justified and they support her decisions. For me, I support that she and her husband become free from their bondage and salvage their relationship for their benefit and for the benefit of their children. God desires for these two to live a life of abundance through the knowledge of Jesus Christ. The best case scenario is that these two married people would commit to each other and find true healing so that they would not leave the marriage devastated and so that they don't devastate their three young children who will never fully recover.
Why don't more Christians support healing between two people who may be struggling? Why are we so quick to view divorce as a reasonable option. Ask anyone affected by divorce and I guarantee they would say that if the relationship could have been saved they would have preferred that option. God can save and he does...I just don't think we ask for it.
I am praying for a miracle in the lives of these two people. That they would be transformed, renewed, and the see that with God, all things are possible. Please join me in this prayer so that five lives here in New Ulm would be changed forever for the good and not let the lies of the enemy devastate and destroy.
Pray for those you know suffering in whatever way. God has an answer for their suffering that is different than what our culture offers. It is our job, as believers, to pray for God's healing work to be done. Do we have the faith that he can? Do I think he can do this miracle here in New Ulm? I do. I have to. If I don't than I believe the enemy more than my God.
Amen.






1 comment:
Interesting take on divorce. I, as a christian, believe that God loves us, wants to protect us, and doesn't want us to be miserable/abused. I imagine that if they are getting divorced they view it at as their best option. As a child, who came from a family who "stuck together", my prayer was often that divorce would be the answer. I have suffered significantly from the consequences of my parents choosing the so called, "Christian" way of no matter what. Sometimes, things are better apart.
Post a Comment