It's okay to love and to be loved.

5.04.2011


I had an itch to re-decorate using some things I already had. So I went to an unmentionable place (it begins with the letter "W") and found exactly what I had in mind. A sample of paint for $2.45 and a can of spray paint for $5.97. I added some paint to a mirror we acquired long ago when we moved into our first house. It was previously brown, which I had liked, but I needed some color updated to jazz up my already very brown house. I love it!

The spray paint went on a silver lamp that had been in the basements for a while. I bought it when I was pregnant with Evie and have never really found a great shade or liked the silver all that much. So with a little inspiration from Pottery Barn I saved $80 by not buying a lamp from them and instead turned my silver lamp into a textured-look platinum/bronze lamp! I love it, too!

My projects took me about five minutes while the kids played outside on the swing set. The windy day helped everything dry lickety-split!

I love me a cheap change!

2 comments:

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

Nice work.

Jweaver said...

very cool!