5.03.2011
Your comments please...
Steve and I have been debating whether or not Jesus descended into Hell for three days after his death on the cross. I feel he did not because of his statement in Luke 23:43 where he told the thief on the cross next to him that ""today you will be with me in paradise". Steve feels that in fact he did descend as the Apostles Creed states. What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Totally had to descend into Hell. Listen to this sermon from Pastor Matt - http://fbcminneapolis.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/message2.mp3 or search for the Apostle's Creed (we recited this every Sunday when we went to CPC). I know the Apostle's Creed isn't Scripture, but it was based on Calvin's and other reformers study of the Word. In fact, I found this link from Calvin's Institutes: http://www.reformed.org/documents/Christ_in_hell/index.html regarding Jesus' descent into Hell. Hope it helps solve the debate.
Post a Comment