It's okay to love and to be loved.

10.25.2011

What's up, Frieses?

Steve and I sold our house a few weeks ago. Fortunately, it takes a few weeks to process everything so we still get to live here until the beginning of Dec. For about an hour after we sold our house we were relatively homeless. That is, we had no plan as to where we would be living come December. Because my husband is so wonderful, considerate, purposeful, calculated and all around good provider for us, the thought of voluntarily becoming homeless was not an option for him. For me, it was a great idea! I love adventure!

I also had a few options swirling in my head that I knew were probably going to work out in some shape or form. Once Steve began to see my vision a bit he was able to relax enough to sign the papers and sell our house. Later that night I checked my email and our answer had arrived! The option to rent a friend's farm house was a possibility...and would be not only a blessing to us, but to our friends as well! Isn't it cool how God works when we take things step by step and trust he will work things out?

It would be nice not to have to move our piano and other large items twice before we settle into a house that is our "long term" option. It would be nice to know what that house is going to be. But, we aren't suppose to know those things right now. We just are supposed to know we will be taken care of and to live in the peace of knowing that the decisions we've made so far are the ones we were/are supposed to make. The next step will come when it is supposed to.

More important than anything that could ever happen to me in my life is the news that a dear friend is expecting a baby in May. This is a baby I have prayed for for a long, long time. I really haven't wanted anything more than for her to have a baby and it is happening. I find myself getting so excited that I might be a little scary. I'm glad she doesn't live close.

I've known for a while that God was going to answer my prayer, but as to when, no one was certain. It is beyond exciting to watch that prayer, that request from many people, taking shape. I also desire more than anything in life to show up at the hospital when that precious one is born and bring her mommy a skinny vanilla latte AND a diet Coke from McD's. Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

Jweaver said...

Awesome! To both your house selling and the answer to prayer for your friend and the baby that is on the way. Awesome :)