Dear Weezer,
I miss you today. I miss having you at my feet in the morning asking for your morning meal. I miss having you jump on the bed during naps and sleep with me and the kids. I miss being outside and watching you lay in the sun or cross the street to be with us when we got home. I miss starting out on a walk and having you follow us for a block or two.
You were a fabulous cat. You never got upset. You handled swarms of kids trying to chase you down and pet you. If they came up to you slowly you let them pet you as long as they wanted. Kids who didn't have pets loved to come over and see you. You were the kind of cat that we could share with others.
You filled the little spots in the house that now are empty. Picking up the laundry basket today without you curled up in the warm laundry made me think of you. I saw your cozy bed on top of the cupboards that you loved to sleep in when there were just too many people around. Now your "safe zone" is not needed anymore and that makes me sad.
I love how cute you were. How gentle you were and how friendly you were. I kind of can't believe you aren't here to love anymore. I knew when you became an outdoor cat that our time with you might be short. But the outdoors was where you belonged. You loved being outside, but I just wish you could have been our cat for longer.
Thank you for making a cat lover out of Steve. Thank you for curling up with my children and being their friend. Thank you for letting others love you. Thank you for sitting in our neighbors flower garden and in the chair in our playhouse. Thank you for being so soft and purring quietly when I pet you. Thank you for giving me leg cramps at night when you would not move from sleeping in between my legs. Thank you for being our friend and sweet companion for the last eight years. I cuddled you this past week, kissed you on the head and thanked you for being my first baby. When I needed something to care for you came into our lives. I knew our time was short. It is as if God gently prepared me for your passing even though I didn't know for sure what the future held.
I hate that we love and then lose. I hate not seeing you around or sitting with you on the couch at night. I do know that I am a crazy Weezer lover. As my friend Tracy said, you were the only cat she did like. I am not ashamed that I am sad that you died. I know you were not a human, but you were a life and you did provide love and joy in a broken world and I am thankful for your life. I love you.
.jpg)
.jpg)






1 comment:
Oh, Weezer. Thank you for taking care of my friends for as long as you did and for helping them build a family. Rest well, sweet kitty.
~S
Post a Comment