Evelyn turned eight recently. This is a picture of her three years ago. Time flies way to fast when you're having fun! I am surprised that I am already a mother that has "older" children. When I attend out local mom's group I am the mother who isn't toting a car seat, a toddler on the hip or managing more than one child. I have one child with me...he is four. Although he likes to pretend he is too little to do things on his own, his mother knows better.
When I began the mom's group long, long, ago I had little babies. Eventually I had three little babies in tow. I miss that clutter of bodies traipsing around together up and down the halls of the church where we gathered. No matter how large the space you are in your children will be right next to you! Someday my children will be out late. They will be apart from me for more hours of the day than they are with me (okay, we're there already almost!). I am privileged to be a mother and to have children that depend on me and look to me for guidance and unconditional love. It is an honor to have little ones that follow after me and poke their nose in ALL my business!
Thank you, Lord, for your great blessings even though I am imperfect and make mistakes with these little ones from time to time. They teach me more about you and your heart towards us while challenging me to be better and to be more of Christ to them...in a tangible way while we are here on this earth together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment