It's okay to love and to be loved.

5.27.2009

My sister posted an interesting post (?) on her blog regarding being all-or-nothing.  I found out a little something about myself through reading her interpretation of her cleaning habits.  I find that I, also, avoid cleaning if I don't have the time to adequately clean...from top to bottom.  I love spotless bathrooms, but I rarely get the chance to scrub the base of the toilet with a toothbrush.  So, what do I do?  I stare most of the time at a dirty bathroom and dream of a two hour time frame when I can clean it.  

Steve, on the other hand, hates clutter and finds satisfaction in placing who knows what in any kind of drawer just so it is off the counter and out of sight.  He never seems to notice or mind what is "behind the scenes". I can't do that because I know the drawer that the items have been put in needs to be re-organized and cleaned out and if I can't re-organize it I can't add to the chaos and the chaos remains on the counter tops.  So, the point of my story is that I appear to be a very messy person because A.) I am pretty lazy and B.) I like to deep clean vs. surface clean.  Now if I could only find the balance!

No comments: