It's okay to love and to be loved.

1.30.2013

Your 7th birthday, Evelyn.

 In the first photo you were only twelve weeks gestation.  We thought you looked like you were sitting and reading a book.  Your hand even moved while we were watching you as if to say, "hi", to us.  I will never forget it.
 Uncle Rod, Aunt Dawn, Nate and Brittnay came to visit you at the hospital.  It was great having family come to meet you for the very first time.
 When you were born it was like I had known you my whole life.  It was like to existed long before Jan. 30th, 2006.
 I love sharing you with others.  Our dear friends Amy and Eric were able to meet you when we flew back to the midwest for Val and Eric's wedding.
 Our ambitious girl.  There is nothing you won't try.  Uncle Evan gave you a turn driving the boat.  What fun!
You are a delight to our souls.  A blessing far greater than we could have ever imagined.  You are growing up too fast!

3 comments:

The Johnson Journal said...

Hey thanks for the shout out! Happy birthday Evelyn!! I remember your fasination with the candle light at that wedding. You are a blessed little girl with your parents!

Anonymous said...

Man. I saw the ultrasound before reading the title and got ALL SORTS of excited!

E is pretty incredible though too, from what I can tell. So, I'll be excited about her birthday, too. :)

Happy birthday, Evie!

SB

The Johnson Journal said...

blog more